Benefiting the local community
The Riverina BMW Wagga Wagga Food & Wine Festival has always been a fundraising event for Wollundry Rotary. In the past five years, we have chosen a single beneficiary to donate all of the festivals earnings to.
- In previous years the funds were distributed throughout the community via the clubs normal distribution processes.
- In 2009 $25k was donated to the Riverina Cancer Care Centre. In 2010, $30k was handed to the Renal Dialysis Unit at the Wagga Base Hospital.
- In 2011 we were very proud to donate the entire proceeds from the festival to Willan’s Hill School. This was an amount of $40,652.00 which was for the purchase of equipment for the students to assist them in communicating with other people.
- 2012 saw a donation in excess of $42k go to Micah House to assist with building upgrades and the running of the house.
- 2013 again saw in excess of $43k go to Wagga Wagga High School Special Learning.
- In 2014 all of the proceeds from the most successful festival ever will be donated to The Amie StClair Melanoma Trust. The figure of $60k was recently handed over to the trust to assist with further employment of their melanoma nurse.
- 2015 saw Wagga women's Health Centre receiving $40k for a new program in partnership with Kapooka and Wollundry Rotary in reducing domestic violence.
- 2016 we once again raised $40k for the Wagga Rescue Squad to buy a new jaws of life to help with their invaluable service.
- 2017 we were proud to donate $40k to the Riverina Cancer Care Centre.
- 2018 we donated $40k to the Forrest Centre Pallitative Care
All recipients have proven worthy of the funds they have received and have put the funds to good use to "Really Make A Difference"
Since the festival has begun well over $400,000.00 has been donated to worthwhile organizations in the Wagga Wagga community.
The Riverina BMW Wagga Wagga Food & Wine Festival is proudly brought to you by The Rotary Club Of Wollundry Wagga Wagga.